HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Latest Threads 
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print
Solar Gives You Better Interest On Money Than Banks! (Read 6885 times)
electron

Re: Solar Gives You Better Interest On Money Than Banks!
Reply #2 - May 7th, 2015 at 5:21am

decoy5657 wrote on May 6th, 2015 at 6:18pm:
What's the ROI on solar? 10 years? 5 years?
You should ask your power company what their payback is, we gave them enough money already didn't we? Smiley

Solar is generally a 5 year thing, or less if you DIY everything and get a real good deal on the panels.

But what other investment has a payback? You invest and try to get a dividend or interest on your money.

With solar your "dividends" start paying immediately and you also get insurance from power outages (if you get a couple of batteries and an inverter etc..).

You could sell the panels later if you wanted some of your money back. If you got a really good deal on buying the panels then you might actually get more back.

If you got a power company or other rebate it's even better!

Sounds like a very good investment to me !

What's the payback period for a car? If you install a nice new green lawn? New paint on the house? A boat? A spa?

And don't forget that your hot water heater is the #2 energy sucking device in your house, A/C is #1. You can easily save on the hot water costs with just 3 PV solar panels (no plumbing) and a little device from http://techluck.com/

decoy5657
YaBB Newbies

Re: Solar Gives You Better Interest On Money Than Banks!
Reply #1 - May 6th, 2015 at 6:18pm

I'm in the US... but I've never paid a cent for my bank account of 15 years. I earn very little interest, like .5 percent.

What's the ROI on solar? 10 years? 5 years?

electron

Solar Gives You Better Interest On Money Than Banks!
Jun 10th, 2014 at 7:42am

We all know that banks are paying NOTHING or very little to use your money and most of that is taken back by fees. Some people are paying to have their money stored in a bank!

So instead they should take their money and buy some solar panels! It will start paying them interest immediately (via grid power reduction) and like Federal Reserve Notes, they go down in value a little as time goes on, but are still worth something if they decide to sell them.

Let's start a "Earn more interest than banks pay! Go solar!" campaign.

Everywhere you go, everyone you talk to, tell people or post online that they can earn more interest on their money than banks pay by investing in their own Solar System!

Plus, they get to stick their middle finger at the power company! Priceless!

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print