HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Latest Threads 
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print
Best grid tie inverter (Read 3864 times)
Sciotoa
YaBB Newbies

Re: Best grid tie inverter
Reply #2 - Nov 12th, 2013 at 7:33am

Thanks for your input on this.  I am getting the solar hot water heater controller that I will used with some of my panels so if the SHTF at least I will have hot water, lol.  That leaves me with 17 of 18 panels to do something else with.  I was going to grid tie all of them and put the Hot water heater on a timer so it would only come on when the sun was shining but I like the idea or running it directly off the panels.

electron

Re: Best grid tie inverter
Reply #1 - Nov 9th, 2013 at 6:03pm

There are a lot of factors, one big one is your skill level.

If you are a DIY type of guy then maybe running some 240V AC wires is not a big deal and then the enphase models or something like them is a good thing because they are right at the panels and you have little wire loss.

Of course, when the SHTF you are screwed unless you set your wiring up to be re-wired easily and use the panels on some batteries or something off grid.

I personally put up with the wire loss but then use the cheap small GTIs because I can have a lot of them so if one goes out my whole system isn't out and I like to monitor things and have them where I can work with them, not outside.

Plus I have a system that keeps some batteries charged for emergencies and also sends extra power to the grid.

I can reconfigure other systems INSIDE the house to feed that battery if the grid is out and have lots of power.

It depends on how important being able to go off grid is to you.

Hope that helps.

Sciotoa
YaBB Newbies

Best grid tie inverter
Nov 4th, 2013 at 7:05am

I got about a dozen 30V 240 watt panels that I want to tie to the grid and I was wondering what might be the best type of grid tie inverter to buy.   I'm kind of leaning to the micro inverters since I have some shading issues.  The Enphase M215 looks good to me but I was wondering about the ones on Ebay that are made in china as well.  Dose anyone have any suggestions? 
« Last Edit: Nov 4th, 2013 at 7:06am by Sciotoa »  
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print