HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Latest Threads 
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print
350 Watts Green Power GTI (Read 5219 times)
Luke Tanti
YaBB Newbies

Re: 350 Watts Green Power GTI
Reply #4 - Nov 30th, 2012 at 1:19pm

Hi. I think it is a 1013d

http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/113991/TI/LT1013DD.html

I will try and test it with a scope.

electron

Reply #3 - Nov 29th, 2012 at 1:52pm

I wonder if that means the sense circuit for the AC is screwed up?

It's starting to point to that.

There's a little chip there, you can see it if you follow where it picks up the AC line through some megohm resistors. I think it's a op-amp of some sort but I never really got into it.

If you had a scope you could track that problem down. You would want to know if something is coming into that chip and something is coming out. There are test points on the board and those are there for a reason.

You may have blown one of the resistors coming in or who knows till you got in there with a scope, and that means DANGER because AC would have to be on!

WARNING: You should know what you are doing before you attempt anything like that, or maybe use a lower AC voltage like 50V just to test that circuit for some sort of function.

Oh, it's U4 - a 8 pin chip, the only 8 pin there. If you find out the part number please post it here. Mine was sanded off.

Luke Tanti
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - Nov 29th, 2012 at 1:29pm

Hi again. Today I tried some thing and it is very strange. First I connected it to DC and AC and then removed the AC and it is supposed to stop. But it remained the same. It tries to start even if no AC is connected.
« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2012 at 1:34pm by Luke Tanti »  
electron

Reply #1 - Nov 27th, 2012 at 10:33am

How about this, when it does work are you getting about 80% or more efficiency?

Look at the amps and the volts going in and then the power out and do a calculation.

Watts in / watts out = ??

Should be 0.80 or maybe better.

I am thinking maybe it somehow detects that it's not putting out the power it should.

It has a few ways to sense stuff, like it has a temperature sensor near the transformer on the underside of the board.

Do you have a extra cap that is about 2000 uF or more at 35V ? Put it across the DC input terminals, if your cap is bad then maybe that will filter out noise.

Any chance your grid power Hz is varying a lot? It would detect that, or low / high AC voltage.

I'm not sure what else to say. it's one of those intermittent problems which are hard to track down. Patience sometimes pays off, and trying different things.

Luke Tanti
YaBB Newbies

350 Watts Green Power GTI
Nov 27th, 2012 at 9:07am

Hello. I have a GTI 350W Green power bought from ebay about 3 months ago. One of the AC mosfets shorted and I replaced all of the AC mosfets to be safe and also replaced the fuse. But it would not work. It tries to start but then it stops again. Some times it starts to work and the watt meter reads power out. But it is not stable. I would like to fix this problem, but I don't know what else to check. Transformer is good AC and DC mosfets are good. Diodes good. Can some one please try to lead me to the problem please?

Here is a video for the problem.

http ://youtu.be/ 1W1ZnFOOhZU
(remove spaces)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print