HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Latest Threads 
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print
24V to 12V or 5V converter boards for small stuff (Read 6816 times)
electron

Re: 24V to 12V or 5V converter boards for small stuff
Reply #2 - Sep 14th, 2013 at 5:56pm

I made a video showing how I use these voltage converter / regulator boards with a GTI Controller and batteries to keep the batteries always charged for emergencies, but send any excess solar / wind power to the grid.

You need to put a extra fan on those little 300W Grid Tie Inverters GTI when you run them at full output so I use the little voltage regulator boards to run the fans at about 10V, they are 12V fans but you just want some air flow over the tops and sides of the GTI so I run them slower and that also makes them last longer and draw less power (about 1W).

I also show how I use a old PC computer power supply case to make a nice fan mount.

Grid Tie Inverter GTI How To Build a External Fan Mount + Using a GTI Controller on Batteries

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvoDRoCgbew

Fabion
YaBB Newbies

USA
Re: 24V to 12V or 5V converter boards for small stuff
Reply #1 - Aug 16th, 2013 at 10:20pm

I am searching indeed of this borad ...... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Thanks to share Tongue Tongue Tongue

« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2013 at 10:21pm by Fabion »  
electron

24V to 12V or 5V converter boards for small stuff
Mar 19th, 2012 at 10:41am

I found a source on ebay that sells little boards that convert 24V to 12V or 5V at abound 3A or 4A.

They are under $5 depending on how you bid them. Could be useful if you have a 24V system and want to run something small without using a 120V AC inverter, and these are 90%+ efficient so you save energy with a almost direct conversion.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/marcmart.usa/m.html

You can also search ebay using "24V converter" and find some very cheap units that go up to 30A for less than $10 total.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print