HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Latest Threads 
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print
help with used solar panels!! (Read 5997 times)
bhollen76
YaBB Newbies

Texas
Re: help with used solar panels!!
Reply #2 - Jan 3rd, 2012 at 10:24pm

Do you have tried it before.

EgEnergy
YaBB Newbies

Re: help with used solar panels!!
Reply #1 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 7:11pm

Hello, How are you doing? If you can send me a picture of your panels and I will give it a try.

Katty
YaBB Newbies

help with used solar panels!!
Nov 10th, 2011 at 9:44pm

I recently bought 5 used flat plate solar panels for 70 bucks each with the intentions of heating my unheated basement slab. I installed the panels and after running the system a few days am not happy with the results. The output temps of the panels are not as high as I feel they are capable of producing.
The panels are I think 10 or more years old, factory made, but I can find no name of the manufacture anywhere. The panels are 4x10' each, The glazing is glass with a dimpled texture, the sides and attach brackets are extruded alu., the upper and lower inlet tubing is 1"copper with threaded fittings at the ends to join them, the capillary tubing looks to be maybe 3/8" copper tubing with copper fins that are rippled . It looks as if the origional black color is thin and wearing off as I can see copper color in places through the glass.
Any sugestions what I can do to get a few more btu's out of these guys? Other than giving the inside of the glass a good cleaning, what is the best way to get the copper black, (what kind of paint, or)? And what is the best insulation to use behind the fins if it needs to be replaced.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print