HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Latest Threads 
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print
LED Light Bulbs Are safer And Save Even More $ than the Mercury Laced Florecent (Read 33473 times)
Fabion
YaBB Newbies

USA
Re: LED Light Bulbs Are safer And Save Even More $ than the Mercury Laced Florecent
Reply #16 - Jun 20th, 2013 at 10:02pm

No confirm idea about it .............

« Last Edit: Jun 21st, 2013 at 11:14pm by Fabion »  
Aric Dyson
YaBB Newbies

Re: LED Light Bulbs Are safer And Save Even More $ than the Mercury Laced Florecent
Reply #15 - May 1st, 2013 at 9:55pm

I am using MLF right now, and found out now that LED lights are now safer than MLF. Is this true? I am now planning to switch use to LED lights. Its safer and it gives satisfaction.

Leslie Morris
YaBB Newbies

Dallas, Texas
Reply #14 - Apr 28th, 2013 at 8:29pm

I have noticed lately that prices for LED lights are steadily going down and the quality going up. I used to buy mine from homedepot such as these http://goo.gl/NOQlA but maybe I will try some of those a bit more expensive from http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/categories/departments/living_room/20515/

Leslie Morris
YaBB Newbies

Dallas, Texas
Reply #13 - Jan 20th, 2013 at 9:25pm

Actually, LED lights do save money, and they do so in a number of different ways. However, some people are reluctant to go out on a limb and spend the additional money to buy them. While it is true that the initial cost of replacing standard lights with LEDs is a bit high, the long term savings will always more than make up for the extra initial expenditure.
« Last Edit: Jan 20th, 2013 at 9:26pm by Leslie Morris »  
tiggeroush
YaBB Newbies

Reply #12 - Dec 21st, 2012 at 6:19pm

I made a video that shows the flicker on Christmas lights and compare the power usage. The results.... the Incandescent set lights used 9.75X more power per light.
To see the flicker I had to shake the lights. The newer lights are harder to detect a flicker by looking at them. Some newer light convert the 120VAC to DC first. I even have one that has a battery inside the base of the light.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYp3xNKC6S0

ssed
YaBB Newbies

Reply #11 - Jun 4th, 2012 at 10:23pm

Sometimes (rarely but still...) the LED does NOT draw enough current. And the onboard computers may think that the bulb is OUT. Or due to lower current usage, it may not blink (because the blinkers work on certain amount of current flow). So you should know as soon as you plug them in.

Unknow
YaBB Newbies

Reply #10 - May 27th, 2012 at 11:51pm

You can gain manual control of the lights by tapping power from an unused position in the fuse box and inserting an adjustable power switch or toggle between the LED lights and the LED power supply.

Joyce
YaBB Newbies

Reply #9 - Apr 27th, 2012 at 11:23pm

Quote:
Espow led light bulbs are really great.Am using them from last two months..They are much more better than the other Led light bulbs.The high brightness,different color and pattern,low power consumption,long service life,no radiation and pollution, and high quality of espow led light bulb make them different from others.

Currently there are LED lamps on the market with power factors well above .

dan1987
YaBB Newbies

Reply #8 - Nov 15th, 2011 at 9:44am

I use a lot of LED lights around my house and after a few months I can see the cost of my electricity bill going down.

Alven
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Oct 21st, 2011 at 3:41am

Espow led light bulbs are really great.Am using them from last two months..They are much more better than the other Led light bulbs.The high brightness,different color and pattern,low power consumption,long service life,no radiation and pollution, and high quality of espow led light bulb make them different from others.

konthai
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Sep 29th, 2011 at 10:25pm

thank you

electron

Reply #5 - Sep 29th, 2011 at 7:05pm

Currently there are LED lamps on the market with power factors well above .95. Not all LED�s, you have to look for them. On average, LED�s use 1/6 the power of incandescent bulbs & 1/2 the power of fluorescent bulbs. They outlive incandescents by 25 to 50 times & fluorescents 4 to 8 times. Also LED�s contain no mercury, and emit zero infrared radiation or harmful EMF.

espowniki
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Sep 23rd, 2011 at 1:33am

If you like LED products, you can seek "espow led light bulbs" vie google

diane21
YaBB Newbies

USA
Reply #3 - Sep 16th, 2011 at 3:52am

Thanks for sharing nice information !!
I also like led bulbs more then traditional bulbs.
LED light bulbs are more eco-friendly than incandescent bulbs since they are made from 100% recyclable materials. LED light bulbs do not contain any hazardous materials such as mercury and lead which can do harm to human beings� health. And also when you dispose LED light bulbs, they will not cause any environment pollutions.

Solar Freak
YaBB Newbies

Oklahoma
Reply #2 - Jul 30th, 2011 at 11:45am

I have not noticed any flicker no. Yes they are the ones that look like a ear of corn. But it shouldn't matter because you can not stare at the brightness that it gives off for long. Most light bulbs go in lamps and under globes so it shouldn't be a big deal. I have a couple out side under my eves on a motion detector and I think it looks cool.

electron

Reply #1 - Jul 28th, 2011 at 1:41am

Questions, do you see any 60 Hz flicker, like when you move your eyes around the room at night?

I see that with my LED night lights, but they run almost directly off AC with a very limited circuit in them.

Were the 6W ones those "corn cob" types or the one that looks like a regular light bulb?

Good suggestion, I may try some soon.

Solar Freak
YaBB Newbies

Oklahoma
LED Light Bulbs Are safer And Save Even More $ than the Mercury Laced Florecent
Jul 26th, 2011 at 8:03pm

Hi I wanted to inform everybody about the new LED Bulbs I got on Ebay from China. They contain no brain damaging mercury like the florescent types and the LED use half as much energy as the curl Q florescent bulbs. The first LEDs I bought were only about 3 watts they were not so bright so I put several of them in a celling fan, we use when watching TV so as not to glare in our eyes. The next purchase was a 6 watt LED Smiley that was as bright as a 60 watt bulb and was giving off great light. I replaced all the bulbs in my house with this type bulb and my electric bill has never looked better. Make sure you buy a 110 volt E 27 Edison type bulb. I like or prefer the High power 5050 SMD type.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print