Latest Threads 
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print
generator coils (Read 3564 times)
oldbrew
YaBB Newbies

Re: generator coils
Reply #2 - Mar 1st, 2011 at 11:58pm

Those guys make it look so easy. Trying a small one is a good idea thanks.

is there some kind of math I can use to know how many turns, guy said 27 or something and I am going to buy neodynidnum magnets for shure.

fun fun

electron

Re: generator coils
Reply #1 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 3:44pm

Welcome!

If you are planning on winding your own coils, this is a pretty easy way
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVP50uk5Juk

Once you click on that video, to the right are a lot of other videos showing coil winding.

You always want to buy wire locally at a wholesale wire or electrical shop so save shipping costs on the heavy wire.

The best output power depends on what you are doing, it depends on the blade size (I am assuming you want to make your own wind turbine) and the amount of voltage you want out for the coil winding size.

The magnet type and size also comes into play.

You may want to build a small one first and see how that goes, then scale it up. There's a lot of stuff to learn in building your own.

This guy made a VAWT out of pringle cans
http://www.reuk.co.uk/Pringle-Tube-VAWT-Wind-Turbine-Plans.htm

As for the bearings the only thing I can say is use sealed ones since it will be outside, keep the seals out of the sun, and buy the biggest you can for the shaft size you will be using so that it wears down less over the long run.

oldbrew
YaBB Newbies

generator coils
Feb 26th, 2011 at 1:28pm

I am new in the forum and I am wanting to desiging a generator which will be running soon. Not sure about the design, many are online. Questions are how many coils do I need and what is the best power way to get it done easy and fast? What is the best mounting with bearings?

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print