HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Latest Threads 
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print
Save money by using a heated blanket versus your household heater (Read 4703 times)
electron

Re: Save money by using a heated blanket versus your household heater
Reply #4 - Mar 3rd, 2011 at 5:17am

If I can ask, who makes the blankets you have?

electron

Reply #3 - Feb 25th, 2011 at 12:39pm

Does your inverter sense the on / off cycles and turn itself on and off, or does it just run all night?

I'm just wondering how efficient this can get with all this new technology available.

helloman1976
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - Feb 25th, 2011 at 6:39am

Yes, the blankets are running purely off solar. There's 2 sides and each side draws 88W but only when they are on and they turn on and off all night long. So far an average night is 560 watt hours which we handle no problem and for free!

electron

Reply #1 - Feb 24th, 2011 at 11:42am

Those blankets do everything!

Mine doesn't sense anything except a small heater in the control and they figure that it's the same as the blanket temp.

So that's about 70W/h ? Not bad really compared to the price of running a heater.

I assume you would only turn down the heater on the coldest of nights, but you should save a lot of power that way.

What do you mean, transfer switch? Were the blankets running on your inverter?

helloman1976
YaBB Newbies

Save money by using a heated blanket versus your household heater
Feb 24th, 2011 at 6:05am

Last night was our first night using our heated blankets instead of using the household heater. We used a total of 560 watt hours for the whole night. The unit we got turns off and on to maintain a temperature and even takes into account your body temperature so it's super nice, it was about $130.00 and works wonderfully. It has dual controls, one for each side. She set hers on 5 and I had mine on 3 which was warm enough to just be noticeable but keep all the sheets nice and warm.

I'll be adding 4 more batteries to my bank soon so we'll be hooking up everything to the solar battery bank after I get those and a transfer switch. More details on all this to come...

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print